Information for parents and carers
- Education Safeguarding Team provides advice, guidance and support to schools regarding safeguarding, including consultations and support.
- The NCA's CEOP Command delivers a multi-agency service dedicated to tackling the abuse and exploitation of children in the real and the "e" world. A key focus of CEOP is the Think U Know website and education strategy to teach young people, professionals and parents/carers about online safety and has a "Click CEOP" report abuse button to report online abuse or suspicious behaviour.
The IWF: www.iwf.org.uk
- The Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) is the UK hotline for reporting illegal online content - this may be Child abuse images, or material considered to be criminally obscene or inciting hatred. A link for reporting illegal content appears on the IWF homepage.
- Children & Young People can ring ChildLine on 0800 1111 to speak to someone in private. The ChildLine website also offers excellent help and advice on a whole range of issues, for example online safety and bullying.
Parent Port: www.parentport.org.uk
- ParentPort is run by the UK's media regulators who set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. At ParentPort parents can find out about the standards expected from the media, make a complaint and share views.
Professional Online Safety Helpline: www.saferinternet.org.uk/helpline
- The Safer Internet Centre provides a Helpline for professionals working with children and young people in the UK with any online safety issues they may face themselves or with children in their care. firstname.lastname@example.org 0844 381 4772
Stop it Now! http://www.stopitnow.org.uk/
- Stop it Now! UK and Ireland is a child sexual abuse prevention campaign run by the Lucy Faithfull Foundation it supports adults to play their part in prevention through providing sound information, educating members of the public and running a free phone confidential Helpline.
Marie Collins Foundation: www.mariecollinsfoundation.org.uk
- The Marie Collins Foundation (MCF) is a UK charity which aims to enable children who suffer sexual abuse and exploitation via internet and mobile technologies to recover and live safe, fulfilling lives.
Home Office: www.gov.uk/report-terrorism
- The government have introduced a new red button for reporting online material which promotes extremism.
Click here to read Child Safety Online