English Activities with Mr Hempenstall
Hi Everyone, here are some English activities for Year 5 and 6 to be getting on with over the next few days. Try and push yourselves to use all the skills you have been using back in the classroom. When it comes to your story starter challenge, finish the story using the following:
- a beginning, middle and end
- an exciting moment to build up to
- describe the characters and settings using imagery
- Use expanded noun phrases, adjectives, adverbs for description
- Use similes, metaphors and personification.
Some of the challenges just ask for one sentence, for example, the Sentence challenge. Try and write as many as you can - not just one.